Solved

Same Unsubscribe/Manage Preferences Page for ALL Lists & Segments

• 9 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am having trouble setting my customised unsubscribe and manage preferences pages to every single email i send out which, in most cases, is to many different lists and segments. 

I have created the custom pages under ‘Hosted Pages” using HTML and have updated this under the “Preference Page” for Unsubscribe & Manage Preferences. 

When i send out a test email, it still goes to the default “Unsubscribe & Manage Preferences” page that Klaviyo uses. 

I updated ONE list from the generic unsubscribe link to my custom link/page. That worked however i can’t do it for segments.

All i wish to do is have my custom Unsubscribe & Manage Preferences page for every email sent to every list/segment. 

How can this be achieved? 

icon

Best answer by David To 11 February 2022, 21:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@p.simo90 

As much as  know if you make ALL lists point to that same preference page and also make the general preferences (in the left menu Preference Pages) linked to that preference page.. than all people will go there.

Badge +2

@p.simo90

As much as  know if you make ALL lists point to that same preference page and also make the general preferences (in the left menu Preference Pages) linked to that preference page.. than all people will go there.

Lists yes, what about segments? There is no option for that.

I have changed the preferences and unsubscribe pages to my custom template via the menu page you mentioned. Still goes to the generic unsub and ‘manage my preferences’ landing page.

Doesn’t make much sense, and it’s really difficult to get any info or troubleshooting on this issue. I have searched all of Klaviyo with no answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@p.simo90 

I’m not sure if you need to send to a list for person to be counted as part of the list.. there are 2 possibilities which I assume but I’m not sure if they are true..

Most of the time people are part of some list.. so even when you send to segment those people are part of some other list.. so if that list is not set to the preference page that you want than it will get the wrong links.. 
Other thing is that if they are not part of any list than the general setting that is set up in the left menu Preference Pages will be activated..

That is why I said if you make sure all of your lists and the menu Preference Pages are set the same than probably all people will go there, but again I don’t have confirmation that this is true, this is just how I think it works.

To be sure I guess you will need to ask support or maybe someone from Klaviyo team can share more info on this if they have it..

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @p.simo90 and @Bobi N.,

Loving the collaboration and hearing the conversation as you talk through this!

I think the About Preferences Pages section in the Guide to Understanding Opt-in Related Pages for a List Help Center article can shed a bit more light on this as well! 

Easiest way put it is that if you are sending emails to multiple lists and/or segments, sending emails only to a segment, or using a flow triggered by a metric or segment, the manage preference and the unsubscribe pages reached will be your account default ones found on the left hand side of the Klaviyo UI. Whereas, if you are only sending emails to a singular list or have a list triggered flow, the manage preference pages and unsubscribe pages will reflect the list specific ones. 

David

Badge +1

@p.simo90

I’m not sure if you need to send to a list for person to be counted as part of the list.. there are 2 possibilities which I assume but I’m not sure if they are true..

Most of the time people are part of some list.. so even when you send to segment those people are part of some other list.. so if that list is not set to the preference page that you want than it will get the wrong links.. 
Other thing is that if they are not part of any list than the general setting that is set up in the left menu Preference Pages will be activated..

That is why I said if you make sure all of your lists and the menu Preference Pages are set the same than probably all people will go there, but again I don’t have confirmation that this is true, this is just how I think it works.

To be sure I guess you will need to ask support or maybe someone from Klaviyo team can share more info on this if they have it..

@Bobi N. Do you have a preference center that has opt-in for multiple lists? We’d love to see it! Trying to do the same thing, and so far haven’t gotten the help that we need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Melissa T 

I don’t think what you need and what is discussed here is the same thing from what I understand. It looks like you want one preference page that can put people in multiple lists (which I don’t have answer to). 

The discussion here is more like if people are already in a list how to set for them to see the wanted preference page..