Solved

Seeking Advice on Managing WooCommerce and Mailchimp Subscribers

• 4 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

My website is integrated with WooCommerce, and we have a large number of profiles from WooCommerce. However, these profiles have never subscribed to us because our website didn't previously ask for subscription consent.

We also have subscriptions through Mailchimp. combining WooCommerce profiles with MailChimp profiles, the total would be over eight thousand individuals. However, the number of subscribers in Mailchimp is only four thousand. This means we can only perform email marketing for these four thousand subscribers.

Before we pay for all eight thousand profiles, I'd like to know if there's any way to avoid paying for the additional four thousand subscribers. (I've searched, but couldn't find the right article for this...)

icon

Best answer by DavidV 4 April 2024, 21:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Hi @haisuezjw,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community and thank you for your question.

In the situation you’ve explained above I would recommend that you add all 8k customers into your Klaviyo account and suppress the 4,000 customers that haven’t actively consented. This way you still have their history in your Klaviyo account without risking non-compliance as these customers are not opted in.

One of the benefits of this is that you will have visibility on these customers without paying for them - if they then choose to opt-in to your mailing list you will have all of the history on them. Klaviyo’s billing for the email product is based on the number of active subscribers.

To suppress the list of 4,000 customers you can follow the instructions in this help centre article.

In addition to suppressing I would highly recommend launching a sign up form on the website to try and get as many of your users opted in. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks
David