Solved

segment not filtering properly

• 9 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We are trying to pull a segment based on due dates (we are a parenting and birthing education program), but the segment is not pulling properly. We have someone’s due date as last year but is pulling when we set the segment as those who are due in 34 weeks. how do we fix?

icon

Best answer by chloe.strange 10 November 2022, 16:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @BirthsmarterLauren

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of Community! 

To clarify, it is including folks who are no longer expecting and your goal is to target customers who have a due date in the future. Is that correct? If so, I would recommend double checking your filter. The "day is in the next" filter tests for a date, but not a specific year.  If you want to account for the year, you would need to use "is in the next" instead:

?name=inline636170665.png

Our date-triggered flow article might also be of some help as well. Let me know if these tips help for your example!

~Chloe

Badge +2

Hi @BirthsmarterLauren

Thanks for reaching out and for being a part of Community! 

To clarify, it is including folks who are no longer expecting and your goal is to target customers who have a due date in the future. Is that correct? If so, I would recommend double checking your filter. The "day is in the next" filter tests for a date, but not a specific year.  If you want to account for the year, you would need to use "is in the next" instead:

?name=inline636170665.png

Our date-triggered flow article might also be of some help as well. Let me know if these tips help for your example!

~Chloe

hi @chloe.strange 

Thanks for this. I updated and it is still not working.  This is a subscriber who had their due date set to 1/1/2018 and is in this segment that we set for due dates in the next 34 weeks. Can you help?
Thank you

Lauren

Badge +2

Hi @chloe.strange  yes - see attached - they are on the list but they are due 1/1/18 so shouldnt be. Can you help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @BirthsmarterLauren

I’m sorry to hear that! Can you please confirm that your segment looks like this?

~Chloe

Badge

Hi, sorry to jump into this thread, but I am also experiencing the same issue as OP.

In my flow, I want to send different emails based on our customers due date/expecting date that they provide when they sign up to our database.

I have used “Due date” is in the next 28 days for newborn and have a separate split for is between 29 and 90 days for those with a 1m to 3m old baby, but multiple people are showing in both newborn and 1m-3m splits. How do I fix this please?