Solved

Segmenting B2B and B2C

• 17 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello Everybody,

So I have a shopify store with two sites: one is B2B and the other B2C. The customers flow into my B2B site using typeform + zappier. Both the B2B and B2C customers get funneled into one list in my Klaviyo which is fine.

My question here is how do I properly segment b2b and b2c subscribers? I tried segmenting via $source equals -9 (the API value) for the b2b segment and $source does not equal -9 for the b2c segment but the total numbers of these two segments don’t add up to my total subscriber count.

Any help and advise will be much appreciated! Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sharlyne 17 October 2023, 23:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi there @PaoloFelix 

There are 2 ways to tag customers as B2C or B2B:

• Via API or Zapier
    If you already send data to Klaviyo via Zapier, see if Zapier can send Klaviyo the custom property data as well. The best option is to have Zapier include this data in the API call. Next, set it up as a custom property called Customer_Type in Klaviyo, then send B2B or B2C as the values.

• Use Shopify
    You can also tag them in Shopify. You can create a customer segment on the Customers page to filter customers with the same tag. Then, you can get that Shopify tag data in Klaviyo. Keep in mind, if you are already using Zapier, seeing if Zapier can send that data along would be better. 

Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know and we can continue digging into what the issue may be. Thank you!

Best,

Sharlyne