Solved

Segmenting by UTM/Paid Tags?

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Besides software like Segment.com, is there a way to simply “tag” users by UTM so that no matter what page they end up visiting on the site, they get dumped into the right email flow?

For example, if I have a customer searching for E.D. and clicking through from a paid ad to our E.D. specific landing page, then they click to home, or the product page and end up engaging with a pop-up -- can I tag that customer based on what they came to the site for?

We want to ensure our customers receive relevant emails, not generic stuff.

icon

Best answer by k.mcevoy 19 November 2020, 21:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @launchmedical

Great question! Klaviyo will automatically track how visitors are coming to your website and store this information in the “Initial Source” profile property. We can then use that profile property to build segments that trigger flows. This article outlines how that process works in more detail. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions!

Kelsey 

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

There's a lot you can do since Klaviyo tracks url's. UTM Tags should also be part of this so you could create segments on what people did. You can also use this to trigger specific popups and as mentioned above flows. 

Already know what you want to build? might help with a more specific answer as well.