Solved

Segmenting with Product IDs

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

What would be the best way to segment within Klaviyo based on product ID’s with over 200 product IDs? 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 November 2022, 01:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Alsalomon

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

If you have a lot of individual products and think that segmenting via individual ID would be too granular, you could segment products by category or collection of products instead!

I’d suggest checking out these other Community users who asked a similar question and found a solution!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Thank you for the response! I have consulted with Klaviyo Support and they have said that using collections does not pull backdated product purchase history, which is a problem. Is there any way around this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Alsalomon

Do you mid sharing the goal of this segment? This might help me understand what you’re trying to implement. 

Thanks!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

We have over 200 product SKU’s (divided into categories such as skincare, beauty, and wellness). We want to target very specific audiences, such as “never purchased beauty products”, which means we would need to exclude close to 100 SKU’s from a segment. Collections do not backdate order information, which is why this is not an option for us. We are currently looking at other options.