Solved

Segments based off multi-checkbox answers

• 21 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi folks, 

Just trying to clarify something…

If I have a form with a multi-checkbox block, say 4 difference options each with their own property/value… For example, lets use colours, so white, black, green, yellow.

So, someone could submit a form where they have selected black and green.

If I want to get a tally on how many of these properties have been “chosen” regardless of how many profiles may have made multiple selections, is building a segment using “property” “contains” then white/black/green/yellow per segment correct? In this instance I don’t care about other permutations of multiples… I just want to be able to say “50 people total selected green”, “10 people selected yellow” etc based off the number of profiles that populate in each segment.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 22 February 2022, 22:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @wernstrom,

Great question! Hope I can clarify.

If you use a multi-checkbox option on a preferences page or form, that will get passed into a profile as a "list" data type. Here's a quick breakdown of how that would look: 
Customer A selects "yellow" and no other color 

They'd get a profile property like this: Interests: yellow

Customer B selects "yellow" and "green"

They'd get a profile property like this: Interests: yellow, green 

You could then create a segment like this: 

Properties about someone > Interests > contains "yellow"

Both customer A and B would appear in this segment. 

If you want to have a separate property for each interest, you'd need to include those as Radio buttons instead.

From there you would just create a segment for whichever you are looking for.

Hope that helped!
Alex

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks @alex.hong , definitely want to keep the options for multiple selections open, but understanding the function of “list” as a data type helps a lot.