Solved

setting up email capture pop up

• 22 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi - klaviyo beginner here! 

I’m setting up an email capture pop up that offers a discount code

When I go to email subscriber list option it only offers me groups that I don’t want to target -  ie those who are already signed up to our newsletter

What is the process to create a group that is for new visitors on our website, that I can then select as the group to receive this pop up? 

Thanks

Clara 

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 22 March 2024, 15:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Good Morning @clarad 

Thank you for posting your questions in the community!

If you want to target users who are not on your list already, you can configure the targeting rules to only show to profiles that don’t already exist in your account. 

For example. When you are in the popup editor, click on the Targeting & behavior button. Then, click on Targeting at the top.

The first option you will see is a section called Visitors and there is a drop down menu. It may already have the correct option set by default, but from the menu you’ll want to select:

Don’t show to existing Klaviyo subscribers

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

@In the Inbox 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @clarad,

Thanks for your question! If you’re using a Klaviyo pop-up, you should see these options under the Targeting section:

So you don’t really need to create a segment of customers to target, since “Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles” would include new visitors.

One exception to this is if you have an integration that tracks visits/purchases and automatically creates a profile for all visitiors, regardless of consent. In that case, you can create a segment of profiles for which you have email address (or SMS), but do not have consent. If you choose “Show to specific profiles in a list or segment”, you then have the option to include and/or exclude specific segments or lists.

Hope this helps!

Badge

Thanks both - the drop down option I have goes immediately to email suscriber list which then goes to our current subscriber options 

Where do i find targeting option? 

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@clarad - can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I’m wondering if the dropdown you are looking at is asking what list you want the subscribers to be added to, after they sign up - ?

Badge

Thank you Jess ! that is exactly what it is, now the first two answers I was given make sense… thank you ! Clara