Solved

Shopify Newsletter Not Syncing

• 26 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello!

I cleaned out my email subscriber list on Shopify today, however it will not update on Klaviyo.  I changed the subscription status to unsubscribed for about customers signed up for my newsletter list on Shopify because they were inactive.  

I checked to ensure that my Integration settings were set up correctly.  

• My sync settings have “Newsletter” selected for the list
  • I have Re-Imported the data from Shopify twice

However, the Subscribers that I removed from Shopify have not updated to Klaviyo.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any advice!

icon

Best answer by David To 26 May 2023, 16:03

View original

2 replies

Badge

If a profile is unsubscribed in Shopify, they will not be unsubscribed in Klaviyo. Additionally, if a Klaviyo profile is already subscribed but does not consent at checkout, they will not be unsubscribed in Klaviyo (no change will happen).  If a profile is unsubscribed in Klaviyo, and then resubscribes at checkout, they will be resubscribed in Klaviyo. 

Hi David besides manually supressing is there any app or solution to automatically unsubbing Shopify customers from the Kalviyo list. Unless I’m missing something wouldn’t that be a desired option as they wouldnt want to receive any more emails from the company, thanks for any help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @MacieBlevins23,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

What you’re experiencing is actually an expected behavior. This is explained in our Getting started with Shopify Help Center article under the More information about Shopify settings pertaining to email subscribers:

If a profile consents to email marketing in Shopify, they will be consented to email marketing in Klaviyo. This status appears on individual profiles in Klaviyo, and a Subscribed to List event is recorded in Klaviyo. 

If a profile is unsubscribed in Shopify, they will not be unsubscribed in Klaviyo. Additionally, if a Klaviyo profile is already subscribed but does not consent at checkout, they will not be unsubscribed in Klaviyo (no change will happen).  If a profile is unsubscribed in Klaviyo, and then resubscribes at checkout, they will be resubscribed in Klaviyo. 

To ensure you aren’t accidentally reaching out to these unsubscribed users, you’ll want to manually import them to your suppression list in Klaviyo

I hope this helps!

David