Solved

Sign-up Form with List and Segment

• 14 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am new to Klaviyo so there maybe an obvious answer to this questions! 

I have the following scenrio:

• A page on my eCommerce site that I have a signup form on. I am offering a discount code in exchange for an add to the newsletter list.
  • However I want this contact to be run through a different flow to my standard newsletter adds. I see that I can do this by adding the contact to a different list when the form is submitted, which triggers a different flow.

I have two questions about this:

1. I understand its not best practice to have multiple lists.
  2. If the solution is to have multiple lists, how can I move this contact from the current list, to my newsletter list once the flow has finished?

Maybe my understand is incorrect here, any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 14 March 2021, 14:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @David Thornton,

You are correct - best practice is to have one main mailing list of all of your opted in contacts. This way it is easier to pull contacts from a single list when creating audiences for campaign sending.

You can still have these contacts that subscribe through a signup form route to the same list as all of your other opted in contacts and just trigger a Welcome series for subscribers who came through specific signup form(s). When a subscriber signs up through a Klaviyo signup form, they will automatically get the $source profile property associated with their profile. In order to locate/change the $source associated with a signup form, you can click on the submit button of the form in Klaviyo’s signup form editor and see it nested under ‘Hidden Fields.’

You’ll want to add the flow filter to your welcome flow “properties about someone where $source=x.” This will ensure that the welcome series with the coupon code will only trigger for subscribers that came through specific signup form(s).

Hope this helps!

Julie

Badge +2

thanks I found the value in the sending button option 😉

Badge +2

Thats really helpful, thanks very much Julie :slight_smile:

Badge +2

just to be sure, in the dimension value I have to put the form ID correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DRACONES,

If you were using the definitions similar to the screenshot I shared, then you’ll want to put the $source value; not the form ID. Unless you named your $source the same thing as the form ID. 

In addition to those helpful Community post linked, I would also encourage to you take a look at our How to segment for form results Help Center article which provide a similar solution. 

David

Badge +2

how do i segment my list with people who fill out a specific sign up form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @DRACONES,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

You can segment users who subscribed to a list through a specific form by using the segment definitions below:

I would also suggest taking a look at some past Community post that touch on this subject as well. I’ve included some below that others have found helpful:

I hope this helps!

David