Solved

Spam issues

• 9 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

When a contact responds to an email with a SPAM statement, does Klaviyo automatically assign that person to an exclusion list so they won't get future emails and hence reduce my SPAM rate, or do I have to do that manually or ????

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 9 September 2022, 23:16

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @MichaelGroves

Happy to shed more insight on this!

When someone makes a Spam Complaint, they are not automatically a suppressed profile. However, if you wish to manually Suppress anyone who makes a Spam Complaint, you can make a Segment with the following Conditions: 

What someone has done or not done > Spam Complaint at least once over all time

AND 

Whether someone is or is not Suppressed > Person is not Suppressed

You can then Bulk Suppress this Segment on a whatever regularity you see fit! I would recommend keeping an eye on your spam complaint rates and consider our documentation on how to decrease these complaints and invest in tools to further identify what might be the cause..

Finally, I’d recommend checking out these helpful threads to gain more insight on spam complaints. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Many thanks for this advice.  I created the list and found that all of the people who marked an email as Spam are actually suppressed - in other words, I got zero for the “Are not Suppressed” and a significant number of “Are Suppressed”.  Many thanks again,  Michael