Solved

Subscribed Status - Any Pitfalls to be aware of?

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Before Klaviyo had a subscription status, I relied on list membership and Shopify’s accept marketing tag to identify who explicitly opted into marketing. 

When the subscribed status was first released, it didn’t seem to be super reliable, so I continued to use the former method. 

Using the status to identify subscribers would allow me to implement some other things I traditionally held back on, but wondering if there are any known issues with this. 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 31 January 2024, 02:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Jessica eCommerce Badassery !

This is a great question. I have not personally come across any known issues with the subscription status metrics in Klaviyo. 

The only thing that comes to mind are errors that can happen when migrating subscribers from another platform into Klaviyo, where subscription statuses may not have been properly carried over. But, these are usually due to human error. 

I can also see a recent thread here on the Community that discusses some potential pitfalls when syncing data with an ecommerce platform:

Other than these special cases, I think you should have no issues relying on the consent status in profiles when performing your regular marketing activities. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski