Skip to main content
Solved

Subscribers are shown as never subscribed

• 1 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi All,

I know their might be multiple topics about a similar situation but mine is a bit different. I setup my account and have approx a 100 subscribers. I did not know earlier about the double opt in issue which I came to know about recently. I sorted this out so whoever subscribes through SMS and the Popup, flows will start immediately without them opting in.

My issue is with some 100+ subscribers who never received my welcome emails as most probably they did not receive the opt in confirmation or it was marked as spam. My question straight to the point is, how can I change the status of those profiles which are marked as (Never Subscribed) - although they signed up - to Subscribed? And also how can I do this and let the welcome flow trigger as soon as they are subscribed? I want them to receive the welcome codes. Any help would be appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hi @Vesmoon! To clarify, are we talking about SMS subscribers or email subscribers? Are you referencing two different lists? For clarity, double opt in is enabled by default for email because it’s a best practice to prevent spam and protect your deliverability, but in many regions it’s a legal requirement for SMS.

Either way, if those profiles did not confirm their subscription when they signed up, their status as Never subscribed is correct and you cannot legally contact them with marketing content. Your best bet from here is to retarget them on social media to encourage them to complete their sign up with a discount or other offer.

Badge

Hi @kaila.lawrence yes this was for email marketing. As per the data on klaviyo the consent to accept marketing is set to True so that is why I was confused. Anyway seems like there is no way around this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

For a list that was set to double opt in, the confirmation email was definitely sent upon submitting the form. Their status will stay as Never subscribed if they did not confirm their subscription. In that case, you changing their status means overriding their consent which is at best unethical and at worst illegal depending on where they live. I strongly recommend you do not manually change their status!