Solved

Track Google Ads Conversion After 7 Days

• 20 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi there!

Just wondering what the best practice is to track conversion that have been made after a week of seeing an ad. Our client has quite expensive products so sometimes it may take longer than the 7 days tracking that the pixel is offering. So thinking of a segment like this:

'First visit is from source/medium = Google/ Paid' AND 'has made a purchase' (in the last 30 days)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by David To 20 January 2023, 16:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @EveG,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Have you tried performing these analysis in Google Analytics? Since you’re trying to track conversion based on an ad rather than an email, I would suggest using other third-party analytic tools to assist with this - such as Google Analytics. 

Creating a segment in Klaviyo would be a great way to identify contacts who originated from that specific source/medium and made a purchase in the last 30-days. But it doesn’t speak to if that ad/source was the attributing source of the conversion or if there were additional factors. Depending on your goal this may be what you’re looking for. 

Another thing to note, although by default we offer a 5-day attribution period for email (24-hours for SMS), this can be adjusted to however length of time you want. Additionally, though it’s typically a Placed Order event that’s used as a conversion metric, you can also adjust this to whatever event/metric you want. 

I would recommend taking a look at some of our resources to further understand conversion and attribution within Klaviyo from the following Help Center articles:

I hope this helps!

David