Solved

Unsubscribe page for emails sent to Segments

• 26 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m a new user and very confused about Unsubscribe/Preferences.

Our customer Profiles are being populated via the API and not going onto a List. Campaigns and Flows will be targeted based on Segments. 

I’d like to create sophisticated manage preferences options someday but we are starting simple without that. 

As I understand it, that means I am stuck with the default Unsubscribe page, but I am seeing problems with that:

That page contains, by default, both an UNSUBSCRIBE button and a link to UPDATE PREFERENCES. I can’t edit those. The Update Preferences link is extremely confusing if you don’t have any preferences that can be updated. 

I hope I’m missing something simple, here. HELP!

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 28 August 2021, 13:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @QuakerWildcat !!

First, Welcome to Klaviyo!! We are so happy you found your way to the Klaviyo Community to find help with this!! 

You CAN edit your Unsubscribe and Manage Preference pages from within your Klaviyo dashboard. Navigate to the Preference Page tab on the Klaviyo dashboard, from there you can edit and update your Unsubscribe and Preferences pages. 

The Help Center article I share above also includes different syntax that you can use in your email template editor to link to the Unsubscribe page.

Hope this helps get you on the right track moving forward. Thank you so much for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge +2

Stephen, I’ve done all of those things. My concern is that the standard unsubscribe page contains both an UNSUBSCRIBE button and a link to UPDATE PREFERENCES. I can’t edit those.

The Update Preferences link is extremely confusing if you don’t have any preferences that can be updated. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @QuakerWildcat,

You are correct, the default unsubscribe page will display both an unsubscribe button CTA as well as a hyperlink below to update preferences. A workaround to remove the update preferences hyperlink from this unsubscribe page would be to create custom hosted pages. This solution allows you to fully customize your unsubscribe and/or preference pages. You will need to work with a front end web developer that is familiar with CSS and HTML to help you get this up and running. If you need help finding a developer, feel free to check out our agency partner directory

Have a nice weekend!

Julie