Solved

Update profiles via API csv upload?

• 3 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hey guys I saw option to upload csv manually with new data for profile updates, but is there any API option to do that. Like I post somewhere csv with new updates on profile via API?

icon

Best answer by David To 6 September 2023, 15:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @zire,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Seems like you may have missed our Update Profile endpoint. Using this endpoint would allow you to update profiles via API similar to updating profiles through a .CSV. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

Hey @David To on that link I am getting this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @zire,

I would suggest trying that link in a different browser. Seems this behavior may be isolated to your browser as I’m not seeing any issue accessing that page. I suspect it may be due to either the (Brave) browser you’re using or any of the extensions you have. 

You can also find a list of Klaviyo’s supported browsers for the best experience from our Supported internet browsers for Klaviyo Help Center article.

If that direct link doesn’t work. you can still access that guide by access our Developer Portal > API Reference > Profiles > Update Profile.

David

Badge

Hey @David To now it opens not sure why not last time. Oh I am using this updateprofile api endpoint but its like way to update single profile? I was thinking more about possibility of posting csv with many profiles on some specific end point. Like one post upload csv? Not to do hundreds patch requests?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @zire,

Another alternative to the update profile endpoint would be utilizing Klaviyo’s SFTP import tool.

This would work more closely with importing profiles via a .CSV, but done within the backend via an SFTP. 

David