Solved

What happen suppresses a profile in the future?

• 28 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi everybody!

When Klaviyo suppresses a profile, what happens to this profile if they buy something on our e-commerce in the future? Will this profile become active again? Or will it never be active?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 28 February 2022, 23:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Jorge,

Thanks for posting and great question. 

For contacts who have previously been suppressed due to unsubscribing and decide to opt back in and become and active profile again, they would need to resubscribe through a Klaviyo form or a third party form utilizing Klaviyo’s List V2 endpoint. Resubscribing through a Klaviyo form or a third party form hitting this specific API endpoint would automatically cause the contact to become an active profile and removed from the suppression list. 

This is further described in more details in the When Someone Unsubscribes and Re-Subscribes subsection of the Guide to Unsubscribes in Klaviyo Help Center article. 

Hope that helped!
Alex

Badge +3

Hi @alex.hong,

I had suppressed my profile in Profiles > Suppressed Profiles > + Add Email Address (now my Consent Status is Suppressed).

The next day I ordered a few products and then I fulfilled the order. 

Today I am going to check my Consent Status and it is still suppressed.

For all these reasons I do not understand when you say:

they would need to resubscribe through a Klaviyo form or a third-party form utilizing Klaviyo’s List V2 endpoint. Resubscribing through a Klaviyo form or a third party form hitting this specific API endpoint would automatically cause the contact to become an active profile and be removed from the suppression list.

Because when I ordered a few products I used a Klaviyo form in Shopify.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Jorge,

When profiles are suppressed, they can only receive transactional emails. For example, if a suppressed profile starts a checkout, they won't be sent the abandoned cart flow. To receive marketing emails, those profiles would need to subscribe again. A recipient can become un-suppressed when they take the specific action of signing up again via sign up form. This is to ensure the customer explicitly opts in for marketing after unsubscribing. However, even though a customer writes they do not wish to receive marketing at Checkout, this will not suppress the contact. If you'd like to suppress them completely, you'll need to Create a Segment for this property and then manually suppress this segment.

While a person who unsubscribes or is suppressed is not removed from your List, you will not be able to e-mail them anyway as Klaviyo will not/cannot e-mail suppressed profiles.

Hope that helped,

Alex