Skip to main content
Solved

What is the best way to keep FBA/FBM contacts out my sends?

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Guys,

I have just a newsletter and noticed I have a huge number of bounces with email addresses like:

@mail.codisto.com which is what amazon seem to use for their customers.

They must be making their way into Shopify and then into Klaviyo.

What is the recommended approach to simply blacklisting or not allowing any emails with this extension to be created in the system? 

Thanks in advanced.

Andy

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hey @AndySlack! Unfortunately there is no way to proactively prevent domains from profile creation. You can, however, set up a segment with the condition “email address contains” with the target domains and periodically manually suppress them. 

Badge

Hi Kaila,

That’s the option I went for, but the problem is I will end up paying for a bunch of profiles which I don’t want?

Is there any way via flows for example I can delete contacts which enter that segment? 

Does suppressing them actually stop them from being charged?

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@AndySlack Not to worry! Suppressed profiles are not considered “active” and therefore do not count towards your bill. 

There is no way to automatically delete profiles that enter a segment. I wouldn’t recommend that regardless because then that profile could be created again with a new event. Keeping a profile, even suppressed, maintains all the historical event data associated with that profile (and would prevent them from re-subscribing). 

Badge

Amazing!! Thank you so much.