Solved

What should I pay attention to when I Import unsubscribes from the other server?

• 21 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a list of subscribes not collected from our Shopify store, but we want to import the list and send emails to them. However, I’m worried about the bounce rate or will the account be restricted by European Privacy Policies or something like that and the emails cannot be sent?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 22 March 2022, 04:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Charlene 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help keeping your list GDPR compliant. Happy to help!

The main issue at hand is making sure that you have explicit consent from each customer. If you haven’t already, I would check with your own legal counsel to make sure the form you used to collect consent meets all legal requirements.  As long as you do have consent, you can add GDPR specific consent during your CSV file upload. When you go to add your contacts to a list  and map your data you will have the option then too add consent. Step 10 in the last linked article tells you how to do it if you haven’t already added a consent column to your CSV file. As long as you add consent, you will remain GDPR compliant and if you practice good sending behaviors and list hygiene you won’t have anything to worry about! 

Hope this helps! Thank you for being part of the Klaviyo Community!