Solved

When exporting a list/segment to csv to import to another list, why WOULDN'T I want to include all categories? (Klaviyo ID won't map to next list.)

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

When exporting a list/segment to csv to import to another list, why WOULDN'T I want to include all categories? (Klaviyo ID won't map to next list.) For reference, I have a main Klaviyo account, but now am shifting to a country specific one, so I need to take all US profiles, export them from the main list and then import them to the US Klaviyo list. And I don’t want to lose any data/info. 

I first tried to export all categories, but when I was importing them to a new list, the Klaviyo ID didn’t have a box to check or similar item to use. It wasn’t mapped. Can someone help explain this? Do I just import everything except the Klaviyo ID? Is it because each person has a different Klaviyo ID under each Klaviyo account? 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 July 2022, 23:07

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

Update: I tried to export/import without the Klaviyo ID, but now it’s showing that there are a lot more categories that are unmapped. I think I understand that these bits of data are kept under each Klaviyo account (guessing, still need confirmation), but can I, SHOULD I proceed without these? What am I missing out if I DON’T include them? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @CourtneyAcosta

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Happy to shed some light on this! 

Essentially, sharing a list between accounts, even if they’re you own accounts, is against our terms of service. Customers do not react well to receiving emails from other companies or accounts that they have not specifically opted in to receive communications from. This in sequence, effects your sender reputation in a negative way and negatively impacts your deliverability rates as well. I would create forms in your country specific accounts asking your previous customers to specially opt-in for your new account’s communications. Here are some helpful Community threads to understand this topic further. 

Additionally, yes you’re right! No two accounts are going to have the same Klaviyo ID, which is why the data type isn’t matching. Essentially, the email address is the most important signifier of a customer and their profile and would be the only thing similar across two accounts. 

Finally, when a value is ‘unmapped’ in a CSV file, or anywhere, this essentially means that there isn’t a ‘matched data type’. Usually in CSV files you have to option to manually choose what data type it is if it’s unmapped, to essentially make it then a ‘mapped’ value. I would suggest checking out our documentation on data types in Klaviyo to understand this further. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor