Solved

Why is Klaviyo finding fewer profiles in my segment?

• 10 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I have a quiz as part of my Welcome Series, and I’ve created conditional splits that send subscribers down different, personalised paths based on their results.

As part of my Post Purchase flow, I’ve created segments of subscribers based on their result of the quiz. What I’m noticing, though, is that the segment has a smaller number of subscribers than those going through the different paths in my Welcome Series. Why is Klaviyo finding fewer subscribers for the quiz results in my segments than the subscribers that go through my conditional splits in the Welcome Series?

icon

Best answer by eCommetry 12 May 2023, 11:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @eCommetry first thought is does the segment account for subscribers who do not fill out the quiz? If so perhaps you could send along some screenshots of the segment(s) and welcome flow?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Brett_Gatsby. No. My quiz has 4 different outcomes and I created a segment for each outcome, I’m not including subscribers who don’t fill out the quiz.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@eCommetry got it, so could that explain the discrepancy. If I understand correctly, you wrote:

“the segment has a smaller number of subscribers than those going through the different paths in my Welcome Series”

Is everyone going through your welcome series, but only people who answer the quiz go into the sub segments? Maybe I’m not following the conditional logic though. Could you provide some screenshots?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Brett_Gatsby, I managed to figure out the issue. My client had two separate names for each of the quiz results, and I had only filtered one of them. I’ve now both of them filtered each quiz. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@eCommetry wonderful! Thanks for letting me know :)