Solved

Zapier Custom Properties Error

• 10 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a new custom property in Klaviyo as soon as a person realize an action on my website. It worked with one flow that I created but doesn’t work for another one.

For the second one, I want a new custom property to be created from a new video watched on the website. However, the update happens but the property is not created.

The main difference between is that the first custom property is created the moment my customer subscribe. The second one is linked to the update of the customer, meaning that if he acts on the website we update the profile and a new custom property is created.

Can you tell me what could be the issue here ?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Irrra 10 February 2023, 18:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @vasuh,
There could be several reasons why the custom property is not being created in your second flow. Here are a few potential issues to consider:

1. Data format: Make sure that the data you are sending from your website to Klaviyo is in the correct format and has the required fields.

2. Trigger event: Ensure that the trigger event in Zapier is set correctly and is capturing the desired action on your website.

3. Mapping fields: Verify that you have correctly mapped the fields in Zapier and that the data is being sent to the correct place in Klaviyo.

4. Klaviyo API Key: Check that the Klaviyo API Key you are using is valid and has the proper permissions.

5. Custom Property: Ensure that the custom property you are trying to create in Klaviyo has not been created previously and that it has a unique name.

If you are still having trouble, I would recommend reaching out to Klaviyo's support team for further assistance. They will be able to provide more specific guidance based on your setup and the issue you are encountering.