Solved

Discrepancies between opens and clicks metrics in campaign performance report vs multi-metrics report?

• 17 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Trying to figure out why there are discrepancies in the measured opens and clicks metrics in campaign performance report vs multi-metrics report?

icon

Best answer by ashley_mcdermott 18 February 2021, 20:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@michaelmerivale

Klaviyo have 2 different open and click metrics numbers. One is for total clicks and total opens, and the other is for unique clicks and unique opens. 

For example if you open email 2ce and click it 3 times.. it will show as 1 unique open and 1 unique click and will also show as 2 total opens and 3 total clicks.. so make sure those numbers you are seeing are same (unique or total)

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello @michaelmerivale,

Another reason that may be causing this discrepancy is the source of the data being pulled into each report. For the Campaign Performance Report, you will only see opens and clicks that derive from campaigns. Meanwhile, in your Multi-Metric Report, you may see opens and clicks across both campaigns and flows.

If you want to focus specifically on campaign data, then the Campaign Performance Report is your best bet for accomplishing that goal!

Best,

Ashley

Badge +2

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for this!

Weirdly though, if I add the sum of unique click in the campaign performance report with the sum of unique clicks in the flows report this total amount of unique clicks does not match the number reported in the multi metrics report? This occurs across other metrics such as open, unique opens/clicks etc.

Cheers, Michael

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi Michael,

Course; happy to help!

To follow up on your second point, I believe that this is still expected behavior if I am understanding the situation correctly. If you create a general Multi-Metric Report and do not apply a specific group by/filter option, then unique clicks will be coming from both campaign and flow data.

A unique click is only tracked once per person. If one of your recipient’s clicks a link in a flow email and then another link in a campaign email, then only one unique click will be tracked in the Multi-Metric Report for your set period of time. Meanwhile, in your Campaign Performance Report and Flows Performance Report both will list a unique click since they are only taking in data from those specific sources.

Essentially, the Multi-Metric Report focuses on profile clicks (1 per person); whereas the Campaign Performance Report focuses on campaign clicks and the Flows Performance Report on flow clicks (so that can essentially be 2 unique clicks per person when combined). 

I hope that is helpful!

Best,

Ashley