Skip to main content

Champion of the Month Spotlight: Andy Dawson

• 28 May 2024
  • 4 replies
Champion of the Month Spotlight: Andy Dawson

Hi Community! 

It’s time to celebrate the hard work our Champions contribute to this special Community.

Our Champions are an integral part of peer-led learning and connection in this space. They’re part of an elite group of Klaviyo MVPs who share a constant commitment to helping their peers, sharing their thoughts and strategies about the industry, and creating inspirational content to help all of us learn and grow together.

It’s time to celebrate the second Champion of 2024, who went above and beyond solving the MOST questions in the Community in April: a whopping 33 answers! *drops mic*

And the May Champion Spotlight goes to (drum roll please): Andy Dawson, @bluesnapper

Dz8ZANdZMmiHRPiOtSzqT-I_af7gEcdUxmMe-Ryu4fobItlugojpdlffz0jEfjb5QqnuIGFRW6GO4CKKzMQedcJgZMT-bjOkGeKU8qXLMLNn6BRTjwAEC0gr_46vUMs1hWmspzSetG3JU0QOtxhieQ4

As a 5x #1 Community Allstar and our overall 2023 #1 Allstar, Andy is a familiar name around our space, collaborating and sharing his insights everywhere in the Community. He’s the managing director & owner at Blue Snapper (which you’ll recognize as his iconic username). 

Blue Snapper is a Klaviyo partner providing full services including marketing strategy, Klaviyo strategy and implementation, SEO, CRO, ecomm optimisation, digital advertising, content creation, and Google Analytics.

Andy has been working with Klaviyo since 2021. While he finds himself working with various verticals in the SMB realm, he prefers partnering with D2C clients that offer ethical, sustainable products he either already uses or would use himself.

Here are some more fun facts about Andy:

📕  He has several favorite books, including The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory by Brian Greene; and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck (though pretty much anything by Steinbeck).

:gem: His most treasured possessions are his piano and his '73 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop.

:clapper: He’d want Tom Cruise to play him in a movie (but his wife says Carl Fredricksen, the old guy from Up).

:island: “Wherever my family and friends are” is his vacation spot. 

⌛ His favorite way to spend his off time is playing piano and guitar.

When we asked Andy why he wanted to engage further with our Community as a new Champion, he shared that his love of problem solving and fully utilizing the full scope of Klaviyo drew him here:

“I engage with the Community on a regular basis as I enjoy helping others, particularly when I have to dig deeper to find solutions to their challenges. oMy Community activity] helps my learning and understanding of how Klaviyo can be better utilised. My focus is on the strategic use of Klaviyo to maximise sales—I see that firsthand with my clients—but I'm equally comfortable discussing the geekier aspects of the solution!”

Last month, Andy’s Community engagement included:

• 75 replies
  • 52 likes received
  • 33 answered topics

Here are his most viewed answered Community questions that have served the Community well this past month. Check them out to see what you can learn from Andy’s expertise:

Since his start in the Community since 2021, Andy has been on a roll! Here are Andy's all-time Community stats:

• 428 replies
  • 370 likes received
  • 225 answered topics

Andy specializes in these specific areas, so hit him up for strategic thoughts and questions related to the following:

• Strategic planning for Klaviyo implementation
  • Campaigns
  • Flows
  • Deliverability

Way to go, @bluesnapper! It's great to have an expert like you! 

To connect with Andy about marketing, Klaviyo, or anything music-related, send him a DM on the Community, check out Blue Snapper or his Champion profile page.

📣 If you’ve learned from Andy in the Community, please share your stories and congrats below! 🎊

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Congrats @bluesnapper ! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Thank you @Ashley I. and @Taylor Tarpley ! Such a great group to be part of 😀 

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Congratulations! 🎉🎉🎉