Skip to main content

New tech integrations framework

• 22 July 2024
  • 2 replies
New tech integrations framework

Integrating third-party systems with Klaviyo has always been crucial. It’s what allows you to strengthen your personalization, segmentation, and analytics.

Building integrations has been a core priority for us since day 1, and with help from our growing ecosystem, we now have over 350+ pre-built integrations.

We wanted to update you on the infrastructure investments we’ve made.

Introducing the Integrations Generation Framework (IGF)

IGF is our internal framework designed to simplify and accelerate the development of integrations. It: 

• Eliminates redundant boilerplate code 
  • Allows integration creators to configure unique actions declaratively and
  • Reuses the bulk of code across integrations while requiring minimal customization for mapping external data to Klaviyo’s API models

To dive into all of the technical details, check out our engineering blog, where our R&D team goes into the weeds on all things IGF.  

IGF success story: Intercom 

Our first integration built with IGF was Intercom. By leveraging IGF, we reduced the development time by over three months compared to previous integrations. This time opens capacity for our team to build more integrations and impactful features across our infrastructure. 

The Intercom integration allows our customers to sync their Intercom contacts and interaction data with Klaviyo, enhancing their marketing efforts without the hassle of manual data exports.

Looking ahead — increased velocity for Klaviyo and our ecosystem

The success of the Intercom integration is just the beginning. We plan to build many more Klaviyo-owned integrations across different categories and verticals.

Perhaps most exciting, we also plan to open IGF to third-party developers in the future. This will enable external developers to create both inbound and outbound integrations with Klaviyo more efficiently, democratizing the integration process at scale. 

Learn more about Klaviyo’s 350+ integrations today.

Let us know in the comments: 

• What are your favorite integrations?
  • Why are they your favorites?
  • What is a new integration you are interested in exploring?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

This is so awesome - another enhancement that makes a big difference but likely will fall under the radar (rightfully so) for most Klaviyo users. The average user will just see more integrations and value in using Klaviyo - like with the new Intercom integration.

As an Elite tech partner, I’ve seen the evolution of the Klaviyo APIs and integration strategy evolve over the years. I hear all the time from Enterprises how the Klaviyo platform is one of the biggest differentiators and moats for the business, so I get really excited when I see investments like these. Can’t wait to update our Gatsby integration and make it even better!

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Very exciting to see the innovation from Klaviyo around the integrations space. I am a firm believer that the 350+ integrations that exist today are one of the key reasons Klaviyo is so successful - from a marketing experience this allows us to truly make Klaviyo the single source of truth of customer data, and utilise the information we get access to through this to empower smarter relationships with consumers.

I can’t wait to see how this accelerates what other applications can integrate into the platform!