The most important aspect of email marketing is not just about building an opt-in quality list or designing beautiful email templates or writing compelling persuasive copy or even playing with the automation workflows...
Of course, all these aspects are crucial elements of your email engine...
But, even before that, there's this 'ONE' thing that you ("as entrepreneurs & marketers") have to change, if you want to see long term predictable results from your email programs...
And, that #1 thing is the "RIGHT MINDSET" to -
- treat email address as a 'person';
- build a true relationship with them the moment they exchange their email address with you - think for once 'how much you truly know them, their pain points & preferences';
- move from list marketing mindset to relationship marketing mindset;
- transition from “one-size-fits-all” to triggered and personalised communications;
- be present at every phase of their customer lifecycle & ensure sending the right & relevant email at the right time to the right person.
Believe me! This change of mindset will surely help you grow your email performance across the customer journey and increase lifetime value.
Most importantly for your subscribers & customers, it will improve their experience, and reduce the churn and deliverability issues.