Solved

AB testing my popup but I would like to make sure about something

• 19 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am testing the subscriber pop up for five seconds and 10 seconds. And I just realize that previously, I had not selected the option where it would not show existing subscribers. So in the green highlighted box, I chose to exclude showing it to people who are already in the main list. Is this correct? Finally is the rest of the set up of the pop up looking, correct? 

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 20 June 2023, 21:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Grego 

Depends what you want to do and what is this form about.. if you are just collecting emails then there is no reason for you to show to anyone that is in your klaviyo account already..

But if you are showing the pop up to collect additional information for the existing subscribers and also to collect new ones with additional information then the setup you have here is ok.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Thanks looks good @Grego,

A few little things. I’m not a huge fan of using the same popup as an exit intent as well as the 10-second delay. I would pick one or the other.

Depending on the popup, only waiting a day before people see it again isnt a lot of time. This could be something else to test out.

I like how you are excluding people from your newletter lists vs profile. You can have people in your Klaviyo account who are not on your newsletter list, so it’s good to keep trying to build the newsletter subscribers. 

Also, make sure you are using the teaser feature in your popup. That really helps a lot and I want to make sure you have that in there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Grego

Our Champions give some great insight here! 

It also should be noted as Tim mentions above, that the behaviors you set for forms are all ‘AND’ conditions, meaning if you set the form’s behavior as ‘show ten seconds after page load’ and ‘exit intent’, the user has to meet both these conditions for the form to display. If they were only on the page for 5 seconds after page load and left, the form wouldn’t show. I’d recommend checking out these Community threads to gain more insight on forms!

-Taylor