Skip to main content
Solved

All Klaviyo Newsletter sign ups marked 'Email Never subscribed'

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have a pop up email form. For new customers to sign up for the marketing emails and get a discount. 

However whenever this form is filled in a new profile is created but the user is not added to my newsletter list and is instead marked with “Email Never Subscribed” 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @Byron1989 

Are all users who fill out your form, are not added to the list?

If some are and some don’t, then you might wanna check the list settings. If your list is set to double opt-in then its likely they never confirmed their subscription from the link that was sent to them via email as an extra step to confirm their subscription. screenshot (you can switch to single-opt-in for that list and users will directly be added to the list)

Now coming back to your popup form

Check Form Configuration:

• Ensure the pop-up form is correctly linked to the desired list in Klaviyo.
  • In the form editor, check the "Submit Action" settings and ensure it is set to add subscribers to the correct list.

Form Actions and Tags:

• Check if there are any specific actions or tags associated with the form submission that might be affecting the subscription status.
  • In the form editor, review any "Actions" or "Tags" configured for the form.

Form Fields and Consents:

• Ensure the form fields are correctly mapped to the Klaviyo profile properties.
  • If you have a GDPR or similar consent field, make sure it is properly configured and that users are required to give explicit consent to receive marketing emails.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Arpit

Badge

Are all users who fill out your form, are not added to the list?

That’s correct no one who fills out the forms is going to the list. The Submit Action is pointed to the correct list. 

double opt-in is off. I am only using single opt in. and there are no consent fields in the form. 

This is still not working. 

Badge

Also I am not sure why this is marked as solved, I appreciate all the answers but neither answer has solved my issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @Taylor Tarpley @stephen.trumble 

Can you please help them by looking into more detail here?