Solved

Can I add my signup form to a secondary site?

• 17 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm trying to create a flyover signup form for a secondary site I sell with, not the one my Shopify account is on. I'd hoped to be able to simply create the form, grab the code snippet, and install it in the secondary site's header. But because of the Shopify integration, I don't seem to be able to create a form without Klaviyo assuming I want it on the Shopify site…which I don't. Is there a place to tell Klaviyo which domains to install the form on, and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks,
Bran

icon

Best answer by Crowglass Design 18 November 2020, 03:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@Crowglass Design Make sure you have the klaviyo javascripts loaded. Those will allow the signup form functionality to work. If it's wordpress install the Klaviyo plugin and configure it if it's something else use the adin the klaviyo snippet found here: https://www.klaviyo.com/docs/javascript-api

(make sure you're logged in to the right account and it will auto populate the company_id for that script.)

Badge +2

Hi Omar,

The form was showing up fine, but because of the automatic nature of Shopify's integration, it was showing up on the wrong site.

Turns out I'd missed a setting within the Behaviors tab for "only show on URL". So I've limited the form to the url of my secondary site, and will install the snippet over there, and hopefully that will be enough to reroute the flyover to the correct url.

Thanks,
Bran

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Omar,

The form was showing up fine, but because of the automatic nature of Shopify's integration, it was showing up on the wrong site.

Turns out I'd missed a setting within the Behaviors tab for "only show on URL". So I've limited the form to the url of my secondary site, and will install the snippet over there, and hopefully that will be enough to reroute the flyover to the correct url.

Thanks,
Bran

Yes, this is the correct option to choose where forms show on your platform.

Badge +1

Did you get this to work in the end?
I also have a ordpress site as well as a Shopify site and would like to collect email addresses from both.