Solved

Can I Capture Hidden Property Using Dynamic Values in A Form?

• 30 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Is it possible to save a hidden property in a signup form that isn’t just a static string? I’d be interested in the ability to save a dynamic value that’s numeric or a date, not just a string. Even better if it can be a dynamic value.

Examples:

• Save the current date to perform date-based calculations in flows
  • Save UTM tags if populated
  • Save an integer that can be incremented in a flow
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 1 October 2021, 20:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Hi @ohjeez - welcome to the community! Just as a quick aside, UTM parameters are automatically saved to the profile on Klaviyo Signup Forms.

As for dynamic values, once a visitor completes a signup, it can trigger a Javascript event listener where you can append additional custom property values when the form is submitted (on event type submit).  This guide might be helpful, but it does require some custom coding to append the type of data you want to add.

Hope this helps!

Badge +2

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the recommendation! Unfortunately custom coding isn’t a realistic solution for me, and I’m hoping that Klaviyo develops some flexibility into their signup form builder.

As for the UTM parameters, I’m looking to save them in a separate property so that they aren’t overwritten by subsequent events.

Thanks again though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @ohjeez

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community!

@retention gave some great potential workarounds to include the information you want in forms. If installing a Javascript event listener to your form still interests you, but you don’t feel confident installing this custom code yourself, I would encourage you to reach out to a Klaviyo Partner for any custom coding needs you might have. 

Additionally, I can definitely submit including dynamic values in our forms as a feature request, however at this time, forms do not accept any dynamic value or data at the present. For this same reason,  Dynamic Coupon Codes not available for forms, if you want to include a coupon in a form it has to be a Static Coupon

These fellow users in the Community had similar questions about using dynamic data in forms: 

Thanks for sharing your question with us!

-Taylor