Solved

Collecting preferences for specific promo events like Black Friday

• 16 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Good day! I would like to collect customer email preferences for certain product promos for Black Friday and for this data to be saved as a property so I can segment customers accordingly. I.e I would like customers who sign up to receive our BF deals on our website to receive an email with selection of different promos that will be sent out over this time, i.e related to our training or related to our products and give them an option to select which offers they want to receive marketing about. How can I set this up and automate this in Klaviyo? Would it need to be done through a workflow for all people who subscribe to receive Black Friday marketing? 

Thanks,
Lauren

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 17 October 2023, 03:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @LAC1004

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help! 

Yes there definitely is a way to do this in Klaviyo! 

For new subscriber I would create a form that asks your customers if they want exclusive Black Friday deals and then have two steps within this form: 

1. Get their email to add them your main list upon form submission
  2. Add a multi checkbox block to share all the options for them to hear about BFCM (the options they choose can later be used for segmenting)

For your existing subscribers: 

1. You can send them an email campaign and give them options for what they want to receive marketing for as as buttons in your email, which would add these properties to their profile.
  2. Show a form to your existing subscribers in your main list, and ask them step two to make sure your getting your subscribers from every angle

Now you can create segments based on all the different options your subscribers have given so you know exactly what to send to who this Cyber Weekend!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor