Solved

Coupon Assigned after customer purchased.

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello! I was tracking a customer journey and i noticed that the “Coupon Assigned” trigger was sent a whole 2 hours after they completed the sign-up form. Causing them to cancel an order. 

I’m wondering why the coupon would be assigned so late? Here are some images showing the timeline. 

They subscribed to the promo pop-up at 7:24 pm

then the coupon was assigned at 9:39 pm

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 24 April 2024, 09:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @StevenEmail 

Dynamic coupons are usually assigned as required, so it makes sense that the coupon is generated prior to the '10% reminder' email being sent.

I think the issue is that you need to add a profile filter to your flow(s) on the trigger to stop flow emails from being sent (ie. the discount reminder) when a contact has purchased (see example below). This filter is evaluated before each flow email is sent. 

A typical case is that a contact subscribes to a discount flow. You send them an immediate flow email with the discount. Then a discount reminder is set to send after a time delay but only if they've not purchased. So, a contact who purchases after receiving the first discount email will not receive subsequent emails as they will fail that profile filter i.e they've purchased while being in the flow.

Let me know if that is a fix for you.

Regards

Andy