Solved

Creating a sign up form that can only be closed after submitting

• 13 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

is there any way to create a form that should be closed only after submitting it 

,then only they get the access to that page where the form displays

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 September 2021, 21:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @nusrath ,

Welcome to the Community! 

I would love to help answer your question here! Do you mind providing additional detail as to what you mean a form that can only be closed after submitting? Would you want a customer’s journey on your site to be abruptly paused for them to force fill out a form? I would consider looking into use cases for this as well. I would love to hear more about your current idea and then proceed from there so I can help you to the best of my ability!

Thank you and I await your response!

Alex

Badge +2

hi 

thanks for your reply,yes i want to pause tge customer journey to my site until they fill up the form,once they filled and submitted they can continue to site.

thanking you in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @nusrath ,

Currently, there is no way for a sign up form to keep a user on a page. An exit option is required for all of our forms on Klaviyo.

If you wanted to change how often a user saw a form, The Display Frequency option in the Form Behavior tab controls how often someone will see your form in a session:

?name=inline1663234314.png

This means that if I trigger the form after scrolling to page and either close the form or submit my name, I will not see the form again when I try to exit the page. I will see the form 3 days after I originally close or submit the form. This prevents customers from seeing the form multiple times in the same session, even if you have multiple display triggers set.

Hope this helped!

Alex

Badge +2

hi,

ok.thanks for your reply.I just want to collect the details from the user.if we create a form ,either they can fill or close it.But i want to make the form filling is mandiatory to customers,then only they can reach into site.this was my requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @nusrath ,

I understand what you are trying to accomplish and I’m glad I could be of assistance. However, have you considered what the customer might think when they are forced to fill out a sign up form before being able to navigate around a site? I could see potential use cases if this was for a private site or exclusive opening though...in that case I would recommend looking into building a custom form.

We have great documentation on creating a custom form. By utilizing this feature, you are able to code and build whatever functionality you want. So technically, you can build a form using HTML with your desired behavior of not closing and forcing the visitor to fill the form prior to entering the site.

Have a good day!

Alex

Badge +2

hi,

thanks for your valuable reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

My pleasure @nusrath! Glad I could be of assistance :)