Solved

Custom popup data colleting - automation to Flow

• 19 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello Community,

I'm seeking assistance in creating a signup pop-up that gathers information for a special event, including the event date (under the property "DateEvent") and the type of event (chosen from multiple options such as birthday, anniversary, or other).

I recall the need to create a custom property, but I'm encountering an issue as it doesn't allow me to create three different ones. Any guidance on how to overcome this obstacle would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 December 2023, 22:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Yoavshaf

Thanks for sharing your question, happy to help! 

Do you mind sharing a bit more? When you say it doesn’t ‘allow you to create three different ones’, what exactly are you experiencing or seeing on your screen that is showing this attempt unsuccessful? 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Hi Taylor , It dosn’t let me create the 3 custom values for the “event” key. 

More then that, I’m not sure how I can create 3 diffrent flows for each value (if customer marks- anniversarygift/birthday gift or other)  

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there! 

Do you mind sharing if other people have filled out this form and not had the other options for ‘event’ such as ‘anniversary’ or ‘birthday’ added to their profile? It’s possible that the only reason why you see the ‘other’ option come up is because only one person has filled out this form and had this one version of the ‘event’ property added to their profile. If this is true, that would mean that the properties are functioning successfully!

It seems that you’re trying to send a discount, before the date a user enters. While you cannot trigger flows depending on what property as user has on their profile, you can create a conditional split in a flow that searches for whether or not a profile has a certain property and send different messaging accordingly. I would investigate how to set up date triggered flow as this might be the trigger you need for your goal.

Hope this helps!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Dear Taylor, 
Another question. 

I'm still trying to create the same flow that is based on the sign up form (where people add a special date and a specific event - And I will send them an email 1 month before accordingly the the event the choose - with conditional split ).
Two things i’m not sure about:
1.Do I need a flow that has a ‘date property’ triger ,or should I need ‘added to list’ trigger.
2. I can’t seem to find how to add my date property ‘DateEvent’ as the trigger even thought it added it manually on my profile and 
I Really need help!