Question

Custom Webflow Form - Add user to list with option to opt-in to marketing

• 30 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was following this guide on sending Webflow form data to Klaviyo via its API. It's great, it works.

However, I realized my use-case is stlightly different. I don't want my form to always sign them up for a newsletter, I want to add them to a list, and give them the option to join the newsletter with a checkbox.

Has anyone tried this before? I'm hoping to avoid having to iframe in a klaviyo sign-up page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @dcmaia.art

Do you mind sharing more about what the point would be to using a form to add them to a list, but have it not be the newsletter? 

Whatever your reasoning, if you want to use a form to sign a user up for potentially two lists at a time, this would be a custom form that you would need to have your developer or a Klaviyo partner create for you! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi there @dcmaia.art

Do you mind sharing more about what the point would be to using a form to add them to a list, but have it not be the newsletter? 

Whatever your reasoning, if you want to use a form to sign a user up for potentially two lists at a time, this would be a custom form that you would need to have your developer or a Klaviyo partner create for you! 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Hey Taylor! This is for someone filling out a form to be notified about a specific future release. They’re signing up for a specific purpose but I want to give them an option to also sign up for the marketing newsletter in the same form. 

Badge

To anyone that’s trying to use custom forms to add profiles to lists with user choice, I couldn’t figure it out. Instead, I just resorted to using Make in the meantime.