Skip to main content
Solved

Different flow for different language filtered by profile property

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

it’s been a while since I used Klaviyo so I am not sure if I set this up correctly or if I missed something.

I created a separate flow for each language and am collecting my customers language preference in the sign-up forms. (currently I only have 2 languages but plan to expand to at least 5) 

To make sure those who chose english or those who have signed up to my email list before I started collecting language preference will receive the english flow I set up the filter like this:

for those who have chosen deutsch the filter looks like this:

Is this set up correctly? Did I miss something? Should I have created segments based on these languages and then filtered the flow by segments?

I want to be sure that no-one will receive the same flow (for example the welcome flow, or abandoned cart flow) in both languages!

Thank you for your feedback!​​​​

p.s.: When setting up the profile filters for my email flow I saw there exists already a Klaviyo Property called Locale: Language. Should I just have used that instead of creating a new custom property for my sign up forms ? Or is this something else?

I found this property glossary but I still don’t understand what it is / how to use it https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053679071

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @Lucia937,

The profile filters look correct to me. My advice would be to test them with your own email address(es), making sure that one profile is set to english and the other to deutsch.
I honestly don’t have an answer to your question about Locale: Language, I did not even know that metric existed!

Another idea you might want to try is using dynamic content blocks based on the subscriber’s language. Then you would not have to have different flows, and you can still show the information in the correct language. See the information in this article.

Still another option is to have a single flow, but to use conditional splits based on their language - this may be simpler than using dynamic content. For example, the first split would be: Language equals deutsch. Those who go down the Yes path would get the German version. Those who go down the No path would get the English version. Later, when you add more languages, you can add more splits - so those who go down the No path from the first split get another split, such as: Language equals espanol. If their language is espanol, they go down the Yes path and get the Spanish version. If not, they go down the No path and get the English version, or another split, depending on how many languages you have.

These are just some other ideas! Let me know if you have further questions!