Solved

Display of Mobile and Desktop Pop up forms are flipped

• 17 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have an issue with my subscription Pop Up form displaying properly in mobile and desktop for my Shopify store. It was working fine I first set it up a few weeks ago, but now the email version of the Pop Up form is what’s rendering on mobile, and the mobile version of it is what’s rendering on desktop. The Success message for both mobile and email is flipped as well.

I’m not sure whey they flipped like this and can’t figure out how to get it to go back. Do I need to start over and rebuild the forms?

icon

Best answer by WLABoss 18 March 2024, 20:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Hey @WLABoss thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

There are two things that could be at play here: the form has either not been set up as needed, or there’s a technical issue making it go crazy.

To troubleshoot if it’s been set up correctly, you need to make sure your desktop version is actually set up to show on desktop and vice versa with the mobile version, which needs to be selected in the “Targeting and Behavior” section (see screenshot).

If you’ve made sure this is all set up correctly, then there’s a technical issue, which unfortunately means needing to build everything up from scratch and making sure the correct settings are selected.

Let me know if this helped, happy to chat further!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @WLABoss , can you share a screenshot of your pop-up settings? This will help us get to the bottom of the issue. It is very unlikely they “flipped” on their own, it’s probably a changed setting by mistake. 

Badge

Thanks for the input from both of you! I did have both desktop and mobile selected under targeting.

This form displayed as it was supposed to through both devices for about two weeks, then it flipped out of nowhere. I had to rebuild the pop up form and delete the older version. Seems to be working as it should now.