Solved

Embed signup form multiple languages

• 25 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

There are many docs related to how to manage multiple languages, however all of them are focused how to manage the languages after collecting the client data.

My signup form is embed (Shopify store) within the home page, into the Klaviyo app block:

My store has four languages, all languages properly translated, the primary language is Spanish. When the visitor select English, the whole store is in English, therefore the embed signup form should be displayed in English… I tried to translate the form like a “dynamic text”, but it seems the Klaviyo block doesn’t work in this kind of translation.

Keep in mind the translation should be displayed before the client selects his preferred language, in case he wants subscribe.

So, Is there any way to translate the embed signup form when the home page changes to other language?

Many thanks;

Miguel

icon

Best answer by StefanUE 25 March 2024, 15:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@mrosique hey there, thanks for your question!

The easiest fix for this would be to only display certain embeds on certain URLs. The precondition for this to work is for all off your different language storefronts to redirect to different URLs.

e.g. Your main language is www.store.com, your English is www.store.com/english (or something like that, maybe based on location etc).

Then you can select the targeting option for your embed to “Only show on certain URLs” and select a unique parameter in each of your URLs to target with the embed.

Finally, for this option to work, you need to have a different embed for each language. A good rule of thumb would also be to select “don’t show on certain URLs” and to put all the other language URLs in just in case.

Hope this helped, happy to chat further!

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @mrosique,

Welcome to the Community! This is a great use case for a feature that would enable multi-language embedded sign-up forms based on the language selected on site.

It seems that another Klaviyo user put in a similar feature request in another thread:

While I am not sure if this feature is since supported by Klaviyo, they seemed to have discussed a workaround in this thead:

Per this post, I think this would be the answer you are looking for:

As stated above, the language in the form fields will be based on the language of the account. 

To create a custom form that will act how you want, you can utilize our new subscribe API.  This will allow you to code and design your custom signup form however they want via HTML and the form will submit to the new frontend subscribe API. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski