Solved

Exit Intent signup form is showing constantly (not following set rules)

• 13 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We are using Klaviyo with Shopify using their built in integration. Everything has been running smoothly for months until today we noticed that our exit intent popup signup form is displaying on every page refresh even if the user closes the form, already has signed up, etc.  We have the form set to never show if the user already has signed up, and it is set to only show every 180 days once someone Closes (X) the form. It has been working for months, so we are not sure why it all of a sudden will show on every page refresh.  We think it may be an issue with cookies although we have not changed anything with our theme or Klaviyo integration, so not sure why the issue appeared just today.  

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Any idea on what might be causing this and how to fix?

Thank you,

Mark

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 15 November 2021, 18:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Klaviyo support acknowledged that they have other reports of this issue. No update as of yet. 

Everyone using Exit Intent should check their site to make sure you are not overloading your customers with sign up forms. Our form was firing on ever page refresh ; we finally had to disable it.  

Badge +3

Having a very similar issue, which has led to a number of customer contacts. Not great. I’ve also raised with support, so will see what they come back with.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @motionrc & @nickh 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community about your exit intent signup forms not behaving as expected. I reached out to Klaviyo Support about both of your tickets and they informed me that they were able to resolve this issue for both of you. Just wanted to confirm that is true and to make sure that this has been resolved for you. 

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community. We appreciate you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yes, it appears to be working now. Thank you.

Badge +3

Yep - seems to be working as expected again for me too. Thanks for your response.