Solved

How can I receive an alert each time a profile fills out a form and is added to a list? What if they sign up again?

• 2 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,  

I am using klaviyo forms to gather website leads and inquiries. Right now we have a flow set up to send an internal alert each time the form is filled out. This is done with the trigger “profile added to list”. 

I have run into the issue where if one person (profile) fills out the form more than one time, aka if a lead returns multiple times over their lifespan, the trigger is not able to work multiple times and no alert is sent. 
How can we have an alert sent each time the form is submitted, regardless if the profile already is a member of the list?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 2 January 2024, 23:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @tipwitsman

Welcome to the Community! Great question! 

You are correct, a list-triggered flow can only have a user travel through a flow once. I have two suggested paths you could take for a workaround! Either:

1. You can overhaul your existing flow to a custom metric-triggered flow instead a list-triggered from. A custom metric is any metric you can create and track for a user that isn’t native in Klaviyo . A user can go through a metric-triggered flow multiple times!  If you’re not comfortable custom coding to create this custom metric, you can reach out to our partners to set this up for you. 
  2. You can keep this list triggered flow for new leads and change the targeting behavior for your existing form that you collect emails now to not show to existing leads i.e. users already in the Leads list who have already gone through the flow. Next, create a new form that will only show for return leads that will be added to the new custom metric-triggered flow upon form submission so they can receive an automated follow up message again. However, you will need to specify the targeting behavior as well for this form to only show to those who are already in your Leads list to make sure only past leads who are on your list will see this form. 

Finally, I’d check out a similar thread that I answered to gain more insight! 

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor