Solved

HOW DO YOU TURN OFF EMAILS ON EMAIL SIGN UP

• 4 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

HI ALL,

Need help! Just made a sign up form for our prelaunch. 

It is sending out an email from Hotminute - but with my personal email. Asking if the subscriber wants to “confirm your subscription” with a button “ Yes i want to subscribe”.

I don’t want any emails for now, CAN WE TURN IT OFF  ( i have a shopify acc linked) 

WHERE do i find where to turn it off?

If I can’t turn it off, how do I change the emails to look better and the email address. IT SHOULD not be my personal email.

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 4 October 2023, 07:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@HOTMINUTE 

Probably you are talking about double opt in option. When people subscribe to a list they receive a confirmation email.

So if you want to remove this from all lists you need to open the lists, go to settings, go to consent option and then there at the bottom select single opt-in instead of double opt-in.

When it comes to sending from your email you can change this in account settings. Click on the left bottom corner where your account is, go to settings, in account settings go to organization and there you should change Default sender email address..

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @HOTMINUTE

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help! 

On top of @Bobi N. explaining that these subscription confirmation emails are sent out before your list is set to double opt in, I would check out this thread of a users who found they accidentally used their personal email for their Default sender email adress as well on how to fix it! 

Hope his helps!

-Taylor