Solved

How to change which list a subscribe page feeds to

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all, 

I'm new to this with a very small list. I've had a wooden QR code sign made that links to my ‘subscribe page’ for my master list, which is hosted by Klayivo (not an embed form). The wooden sign is for use in person at market stalls. 

Now I've realised that I should have created a list of subscribers, and had the QR code sign feed to a subscriber list instead of my master list.

I've changed where the embed form on my website feeds to, but I can't see any way to change where the subscribe page feeds to. Is there any way to change this? If not, what do you recommend, aside from having the wooden sign re-made?

Thank you, 

Jules

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 1 November 2023, 16:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @jules.moradi

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Is the main issue that you would want to know where you subscribers are coming from in your list or that this list needed to be set apart from your main list? Generally, it is best to have your email subscribers in your main list, but segment them apart with profile properties that would differentiate their profiles like where they came from, for instance, into your klaviyo list. 

Since you already had the custom wooden QR code made to go to your main list’s subscribe page and a subscribe page only feeds into one list at a time, I would do either of these two options: 

• Add a checkbox block to your subscribe page to ask how a user found you that would allow them to check out ‘in person’ or ‘online’. This property would then be attached to your profiles so users who sign up via your wooden QR code would be taken to this page and choose the ‘in person’ option. 
  • Create another wooden QR code that goes to an embed code on your site that will add them to the main list, but add a similar,  but hidden ‘in person’ property to their profile when they sign up to your main list. 

Hope this helps! 

-Taylor 

Badge

Hi Taylor, 

Thanks for your reply. The issue is that I have customers who’ve bought from me via Shopify but not subscribed, and they’ve been automatically added to my main list in Klaviyo. So I don’t want to use that list to email people. What’s best practice for managing lists when this happens? I’m very confused by your first option and don’t want to create extra steps for new subscribers - the subscribe page is only ever for in person events. 

Can you please explain best practice for only sending campaigns to subscribed profiles, when all customers are automatically added to the main list regardless of whether they subscribed when they made a purchase?

Thanks, 

Jules