Solved

How to create sign up form with URL only

Badge

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to create a really simple sign up form in Klavyio that just has a URL to share it, but I can’t for the life of me figure it out, and any help would be hugely appreciated. 

Here’s what I’m trying to do: 

I have created a banner for my home page and I want to include the URL to the sign up form I’m creating. Klavyio seems intent on having it pop up/slide out etc. and I can’t see an option where it simply gives me a URL - is it because Klavyio doesn’t host pages? 

The home page is the only place I want it to be, and I don’t want it to pop up, nor do I want to embed it as it doesn’t show up when adding it in a html section, and I haven’t used liquid before and I can’t find where my homepage is in the liquid code. I would have thought this would be an almost silly simple thing to do, but I am very stuck 😅

Pls help 🙂

icon

Best answer by Victoria_ap_G 2 May 2024, 15:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Louise,

thanks for your question.

So to understand correctly, you want people to click on a link and the sign up form opens on a separate page? 

Yes, this is possible. 

Go to your list, then click on ‘subscribe and preferences pages’. there is an option to customise  a subscribe page for your brand. The url to use is on the ‘edit’ section. 

Hope that helps, and i’ve understood correctly.

Victoria

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Just adding in here, @Victoria_ap_G method is the easiest and fastest way to get to a Klaviyo hosted subscribe page, which I think is what you’re trying to do.

Alternatively, you can also create an “Embed Form” in Klaviyo Signup Forms and then copy/paste the code form snippet into a dedicated page on your site. 

Here’s some documentation on how to do that here:

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Wlecome to the community @Louise 

@Victoria_ap_G offers a good solution using a peference page.

However an alternative solution for your use-case, and to host it on Shopify, is to create your Klaviyo form as an embedded form (bear with me!).

You just need to create a subscribe page in Shopify. You then have your url. Then add the Klaviyo form code to the page’s HML (example below). You may also be able to achieve this within the customise template for you Shopify theme. Therefore you don’t need to get into liquid coding!

If you’re still having issues with it not showing up when adding to an html section on a Shopify page, let me know. I know it does work as this is how I achieve it.

Hope that helps

Andy 

Page HTML
page form display

Badge

Thanks so much! @Victoria_ap_G that’s exactly what I was trying to do - was just looking in the wrong place. @retention and @bluesnapper thanks for weighing in as well - definitely useful advice. For the purpose of what I’m doing right now I needed it to be on my homepage in a specific position, ideally linked to a banner already created, so @Victoria_ap_G ‘s solution fully solved my problem. Thanks for much for the help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

No problem @Louise Pleased that @Victoria_ap_G solution worked for you.

Regards

Andy