Skip to main content
Solved

How to segment upon signup form

• 30 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi there, I’m wanting to build out a Sign Up form through Klaviyo integrated with my Shopify website - how do I build it out so that I can segment upon people signing up? I would love to do something similar to the attached. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @Tahlia Edwards 

Yes, this is achievable.

On your klaviyo form you add a block using radio buttons. Radio buttons are for use cases such as yours where only one value can be checked by visitor i.e Men’s, Women’s, or I want it all.

Then set-up those radio buttons as in the example below. You can change the labels and property values to want you want. You can make the selection by the user optional or required.

Whan a contact submits the form, they’ll be pushed to the list you’ve defined in the form’s ‘list to submit’ setting and with the value they choose added to the custom property product_preference.

You can then use this custom property in your segments, flows and campaigns.

Hope that helps

Andy

radio button set-up

form display

Badge

Hi there, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me. 

I have gone ahead and set up the above within my Sign Up Form - as all the sign ups go to the newsletter - how do I now segment between the preferences - ie. If someone has signed up to Newsletter but selected Women Only - or If someone has signed up to Newsletter and selected Men and Children  - how do I create seperate lists/segments so I can make sure I’m only sending them the relevant emails based on their preferences?

Thank you in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Tahlia Edwards

Using my examples, to create a segment for ‘Men’s’, the segment definiition would be ‘Properties about someone equals men’  etc

Same conditions for a flow filter or flow conditional split.

Note that the custom property and it’s values will only appear as options in your segment definitions and flow filters after the first submission of your form with those values. I recommend a few test submissions on your form, one for each preference, so that they appear in your set-up as options that you can then select.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hi there again, 

Thank you @bluesnapper

So to confirm, is the attached how the segment should be laid out? 

this was what I have laid out in the form

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Tahlia Edwards 

Nearly...you need to add product_preference in the dimension field where I’ve highlighted below

Regards

Andy

Badge

@bluesnapper thank you but Product Properties doesn’t come up

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @Tahlia Edwards 

From my earlier response

Note that the custom property and it’s values will only appear as options in your segment definitions and flow filters after the first submission of your form with those values. I recommend a few test submissions on your form, one for each preference, so that they appear in your set-up as options that you can then select.

And the dimension should be product_preference (as in your form) and not Product_properties.

Regards

Andy

Badge

Ah I see, thank you so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

No problem @Tahlia Edwards 

Regards

Andy