Skip to main content
Solved

integrate Shopify customer data in a Klavyo sign up form

• 13 May 2024
  • 1 reply

During checkout in Shopify I capture ‘company name’ (which is not an obliged field) 

I want to create a email campaign in Klavyo using this ‘company name’ data prefilled and in case customers did not filled this field out during the Shopify check out, a possibility for them to fill it out in this email campaign by putting a placeholder in this field with e.g. ‘put your company name here’ 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @stephanTVPC

Are you capturing the company name as a custom property in Klaviyo? If so, you can insert that into your email as a variable to display it.

For any recipients who have not submitted their company name, you can either add fallback text to that variable or, if that won't work well, include two text blocks in the email and use display logic: one block will appear with your text + the company name to those who have submitted it, and the other without the company name.

As for getting recipients who have not submitted their company name to add it, it's not possible for them to submit it directly in the email. That would best be done via the preference centre form. You could add that preference link to your ‘without company name’ text block

Happy to help out further with a ‘how to’ if you need that, and you confirm my understanding above.

Regards

Andy