Solved

Legacy Form - Not adding person to list

• 11 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi! 

I’m adding in a legacy form section to a Shopify store. I followed this documentation (https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005249588-How-to-Add-and-Customize-a-Legacy-Embedded-Signup-Form) and am successfully getting people into Klayvio. But when I go an look at my list, they don’t appear. 

Here’s what I’ve tried/checked:

1. Used an incognito browser + multiple email addresses never used in this klayvio account
  2. Single opt-in on the lists
  3. Ensured that the LIST_ID is in the hidden field, and in the post and that I only have one Klayvio form per page and that it has a unique ID for the js to target
  4. That I’m getting a success message (200) from Klayvio’s API
  5. Tried directly coping Klayvio’s HTML/CSS/JS to the page and updating the LIST_ID and it still isn’t working

Any ideas? It did work for like an hour, and then I cam back the next morning and it didn’t. I didn’t make any changes 😅

You can see the form in action here: https://g50vvbpx2xt0gohf-3671392371.shopifypreview.com 

Here’s the code:

```

<div class="klayvio-newsletter__form-inner">

<form action="//manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe" class="klayvio-newsletter__form klaviyo_gdpr_embed_{{ block.settings.form_value }}" data-ajax-submit="//manage.kmail-lists.com/ajax/subscriptions/subscribe" id="email_signup--{{ block.settings.form_value }}" method="GET" novalidate="novalidate" target="_blank">

<div class="klayvio-newsletter__form--visible">

<input type="hidden" name="g" value="{{ block.settings.form_value }}">

<input name="$fields" type="hidden" value="$consent">

<input name="$list_fields" type="hidden" value="$consent">

<div class="klaviyo_field_group klayvio-newsletter__input">

<input class="newsletter__input" id="k_id_email" name="email" placeholder="Your email" type="email" value="">

</div>

<div class="klaviyo_form_actions klayvio-newsletter__button">

<button class="nl-btn submit_button c-btn c-btn--full c-btn--primary c-btn--arrow newsletter__btn" type="submit">

{{ block.settings.button_text}}

</button>

</div>

</div>

<div class="klaviyo_messages">

<div class="success_message" style="display:none;"></div>

<div class="error_message" style="display:none;"></div>

</div>

</form>

</div>

<script src="//www.klaviyo.com/media/js/public/klaviyo_subscribe.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">

KlaviyoSubscribe.attachToForms("#email_signup--{{ block.settings.form_value }}", {

hide_form_on_success: true,

success_message: "Thanks! You’ll get an email 48 hours before they launch.",

extra_properties: {

$source: "$embed",

$method_type: "Klaviyo Form",

$method_id: "embed",

$consent_version: "Embed default text"

}

});

</script>```

icon

Best answer by David To 15 November 2021, 16:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @emiliekmartinez,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Love how you’ve already a gone through and attempted to troubleshoot this issue! Since it sounds like you’ve checked up on the usual suspects, do you happen to be self testing the form frequently? If so, then this may mean you’ve hit Klaviyo’s list bombing limits. A large number of subscriptions originating from an individual IP address looks suspicious to Klaviyo's system. For this reason, Klaviyo’s list-bombing protection ends up blocking these subscriptions and preventing any new subscriptions coming from this individual IP. This is just another form of a protection set in place to prevent spammers from compromising your account. 

@cassy.lee elaborated on this security protocol in the below Community posts:

To confirm this, I would suggest reaching out to our support team to have them take a look and test this behavior. In addition, if this was not a list-bombing issue, I would recommend working with a developer you are familiar with to further investigate and troubleshoot this form behavior. Klaviyo also has an extensive network of agency partners you can work with as well to provide more assistance on this matter.

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

That was 100% what it was. Thank you so much for telling me about this!