Skip to main content
Solved

My LIST from a form does not match my SEGMENT from a form. Help??

• 23 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Community…

We are running a giveaway on Shopify. I am using a Klaviyo embedded form on the contest page. The form uses double opt-in (since we got form bombed last time we ran a contest and only used single opt-in).

The form does two things. It submits the user’s name to a list called “contest entries” and it also tags their profile with a custom property called “contest entry = true”.

Here is the weird part. Our LIST has 400 entries so far from people who filled out the form on Shopify. I checked and it seems that these are all people who entered and confirmed via double opt-in.

However, the number of people on the list seems low compared to the number of people who have viewed the page. I know some people won’t want to double opt-in (or the confirmation goes to junk, spam, or promotions and they never see it).

So, I also created a segment that pulls all profiles where “contest entry” = “true”. The segment has over 800 people on it. That property is not used anywhere else in my account. 

Why do my LIST (from the form) and my SEGMENT (built from the tag) cary so much? At first I through that maybe the LIST only showed people who double opted. But that’s not the case. When I test the form myself and I do not double opt, I don’t show up on either the segment or the list. 

Then I thought maybe it’s maybe people with existing Klaviyo profiles versus people who are new. But that doesn’t seem to be it either.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thank you!!!!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Chris-J

Welcome to the Community, happy to help! 

The best way to confirm who submitted the form but didn’t confirm the subscription a second time is the workflow you’ve explained below, I would definitely trust this instead of comparing it to people who viewed your page.

• Take the form yourself
  • Confirm you are in the profiles section of your account and in the segment that should grab you, but not in the list. 

Second, this is odd, you should have been pulled into the segment if you didn’t confirm your subscription a second time. Can you confirm that you are still not in the segment? It should be noted that segments can take 15 minutes to update if you manually refresh it. If not, this leads me to investigate how you're creating the conditions of your segment and maybe they’re something funky that’s not pulling you in.

Do you mind sharing a screenshot below nad linking your contest page so I can check out the form? 

Hope this helps!

-Taylor