Skip to main content
Solved

non-submitting step on popup form

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello

i would like to create a non-submitting step in my popup signup form.

Step-1 will be “do you want a discount ?”   “yes / no”

Step-2, assuming Yes is selected, I present a form to submit an email address.

I can do this, but I get an error in the configuration section complaining that there are no submission fields. Which, on step 1, there are not. There are of course in later steps.

is this error just cosmetic, and will this work? Is there any other way around this which will not error?

the fundamental problem is that a button can be “submit” or “close form”. There is no “don’t-submit-but-go-to-next-step”

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @martinnorth  Here is what you can do

Create 2 form

• First form with Button yes and no
  • Now on the second form create a normal email collect form and set the targeting like this

Hey this really isn’t a great workaround. One of the key aspects to having the first step not require an email address is that the transition to step 2 should be incredibly fluid. No page reloads and no delay. This workaround obviously requires a page reload which is less than ideal.

And luckily I’m using product specific pop up forms but if I took a broader approach, which I may down the road, how would I know what page the user is on when receiving the pop up so that I’m not sending them away from it.

I’d really like to see this functionality added soon.