Skip to main content
Solved

Notify when form is filled WITH information.

• 2 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi all,

I’m trying to notify a certain amount of people via email once a form has been completed - that’s the easy bit.

My question is, how can I show those same people the responses of that form that was filled out? I.e. there are a few tick box questions and written fields on the form which the people in question will need to see when they open the notification email.

Regards, Charlie.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @MMXPerformance,

Check out this thread, as it might answer your question:

Also, here is the Klaviyo help article about personalizaiton references; about halfway down it talks about custom personalization, which might be helpful.

Let me know if you have further questions. Good luck!

Badge +1

@JessFosnough, thank you for the reply. That worked! Well, sort of. 

Half of the info was pulled through, however some fields were written as “None”. Have you got any idea why that would be the case?

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

Hi @MMXPerformance ,

Good question! Can you tell me what type of question(s) come back as "none" - tick boxes or write-in?

Also, is it possible that an answer wasn't required for those questions, and they were left blank? That is my first guess as to why it might come back with an answer of "none".

Badge +1

Hi @JessFosnough, apologies for the slow reply.

I completed the form so definitely completed all sections.

The form is a mixture of write in and tick boxes, see screenshot below.

Any other ideas would be great, thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

@MMXPerformance,

Well, that’s interesting! When you go to your profile on Klaviyo, does it show information in all of those properties? If they are not stored in the profile, that could be part of the issue.

Badge +1

@JessFosnough 

Funny you should say that, as only the information that has been automatically emailed is showing on the profile. None of the other answers are there, which would explain why “None” is being pulled through as the answer.

Any idea to why only some of the form answers are being pulled through to the profile? They are 100% being filled out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

@MMXPerformance,

Was the form built in Klaviyo? I should have asked that earlier, but forgot! If so, I would double-check the tick boxes on the form and make sure the label has a corresponding property, like in this image:

Example of labels and properies for multi check box

Another question - can more than one box be checked for the answer(s), or just 1? If more than one, I think the profile property needs to be set up as a list (also known as an array), instead of text. Here’s more information on data types, in case it’s helpful.

Let me know what you find out!

Badge +1

@JessFosnough Thanks for the help so far. Unfortunately, still no luck at all.

It’s really strange how some fields are being pulled through from the form and some aren’t. As I said, even the customer info card isn’t showing the information...

Userlevel 5
Badge +23

@MMXPerformance,

Unfortunately I have no more ideas. I’m going to tag some of the community managers to see if they have any insight for you.

@Taylor Tarpley @stephen.trumble @kaila.lawrence