Solved

Personalization during signup.. What button click action should I use?

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I’m trying to update my signup forms. I want new customers to have the option to update their profile with personal information. I currently have two options for people to go to the next slide. YES-NO, but I don’t want the no option to close the page because if they don’t reach the success page, they wont get the code. It will be in a follow up email, but I also want them to get this specific coupon immediately. When I change the No action from ‘close form’ to submit form and continue to next page, I get flagged. I created a new Profile Property or can I use the same, Source: Email list.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 11 August 2023, 17:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @emailchelsea123,

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Yes, you’re probably being flagged because the ‘submit form’ on the SMS step asks you for a list to submit the user to when they click the button, however, the user is signifying that they don’t want to be added, which wouldn’t create an honest or good user experience.

If you want the customer to definitely get the coupon code after signing up in the success message then you can do one of two things:

• Add the personal information you’re looking for to the first step with your email confirmation and take out the SMS step, so after they take the first step, they will see the coupon on the success page. 
  • Only have email and profile information as two steps in this form and ask for SMS later. You can create a ‘not now, show me the coupon’ button for your profile information step and choose the ‘submit form → show next step’ action if a user doesn’t want to share their birthday at this time, but still can see the coupon in the success step. However, with this option, there is a possibility that a user presses the exit button and therefore wont see the last step of the form. 

Personally, I would go with the first option or just gather a user’s email since your primary goal seems to be sharing the coupon with a user ASAP and not waiting for the email. 

Thanks for participating in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

@Taylor Tarpley Okay, thank you.